In 1853 the Pfister and Vogel Leather Company emerged into one of the largest tanneries in the world at this present site. Pfister and Vogel (P&V) provided a tradition of service for which their name has been recognized and respected in the community, both for its commercial business and cultural environment. Around that same time, Jacob Best established his brewery (Empire Brewery) in what now is known as the Bottling House. Eventually to become Phillip Best Brewing Company and then Pabst Brewing Company in 1889. In 1931 the Pfister and Vogel Leather Company, was split up into two successor enterprises – Pfister and Vogel Tanning Company, which continued in the tradition of leather tanning on North Water Street. While P & V Atlas Industrial Center started what might well be the city’s first industrial park at this current location. Built between 1846 and 1930, every building on campus has earned its own colorful history as part of the original Pfister and Vogel Tannery. New technologies and popular amenities have been incorporated while preserving each structure’s old-world roots. Here the charm of the past blends seamlessly with the comforts and convenience of the contemporary, revitalized Tannery.
700 west virginia street milwaukee, wi 53204 (414) 283-2680    leasing information  :   timbers   :  trade center   :   bottling house   :   atlas building